7 STEPS TO A HEALTHIER HOME
Did you know your home contains up to 400 different chemicals, some toxic and many untested. By reducing chemicals in your home, even a just a little, it can offer many benefits. Depending on your sensitivities, you might experience fewer allergy and asthma symptoms, headaches and skin irritations.
- Fill your house with plants. Plants naturally clean the air and are excellent at soaking up air pollution.
- Take off your shoes when you come into the house. Your shoes can track, lead, pesticides and road sentiment info the house
- Never use room sprays or chemical cleaners that aren't natural or scented with only essential oils—
- Light it up: Nothing sets the mood like candles and soy candles are the only ones to light. They last longer, burn cleaner and are less likely to trigger allergies. Look for scents that are fragranced with essential oils
- Replace plastic containers for glass.
- Ditch the dust spray and use dry, unscented microfiber cloths, which collects the dust particles rather than scatter them.
- Open up your windows. Indoor air can be significantly more polluted. So open up those windows whenever you can.
It doesn’t cost a fortune to make your home healthier—all you need is a bit of knowledge and common sense.